north edsa

Text Link Ads

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Acer Aspire 5500Z

i got a new toy! it is an Acer Aspire 5502ZWXMi that my uncle recently bought for his use...er...our use (hehe..).

The laptop look like this...

Well he got this shiny thing out of trois rivieres, canada and it's operating system is in French. "Start" comes in shades of "demarrer" and "welcome" is in "bienvenue"! I'm learning french by contextualizing french words with their icons.

The fun part is that my uncle, wants it all in English. So, along came me.

I contacted Acer Philippines and the guys there really know their stuff. within 5 minutes, we figured things out and i'm all set down Paco, Manila to have a new preload installation from Acer. The downside though is that I need to shell out Php 800 for the whole process. For the sake of love, i'll wholeheartedly break my piggybank!

The shiny new toy for which i'll gladly break my piggybank has the following specifications:

Operating System
  • Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
Processor & Chipset
  • Mobile Intel® Centrino™ technology, featuring:
  • Intel® Pentium® M processor with 2MB L2 Cache and supporting Enhanced Intel® SpeedStep® Technology
  • Intel® 915PM/GM Express chipset with 533MHz FSB
  • Integrated Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG network connection (dual-band 802.11b/g) Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ solution
  • Bluetooth
Memory
  • 512MB DDR2 memory with dual-channel support, upgradeable to 2 GB using dual soDIMM modules
HDD
  • 60GB ATA/100 hard disc drive
Storage
  • DVD-Dual Double Layer drive
Display
  • 14.1" WXGA Acer CrystalBrite color TFT LCD, 1280 x 800 pixel resolution
  • 16:10 viewing ratio
  • 16.7 million colors
  • Supporting simultaneous multi-window viewing via Acer GridVista
Graphics
  • Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 900 and up to 128 MB of shared video memory, supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 and dual independent display
  • DualView™ support
  • MPEG-2/DVD hardware assisted capability
  • Acer CinemaVision™ video technology (Acer Arcade)
  • Acer ClearVision™ video optimization technology (Acer Arcade)
Multimedia
  • Audio system with two built-in speakers
  • Sound Blaster® Pro and MS-Sound compatible
  • Intel® AC97 high-definition audio support
  • Built-in microphone
Communication
  • 56K ITU V.92 modem (with international PTT certification), Wake-on-Ring ready
  • 10/100MbpsFast Ethernet; Wake-on-LAN ready
  • Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG network connection (dual-band 802.11b/g) Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ solution, supporting Acer SignalUp™ wireless technology
I/O Interfaces
  • 3x USB 2.0 ports
  • 1x external display (VGA) port
  • 1x PC Card slot (Type II)
  • 1x Modem (RJ-11) port
  • 1x Ethernet (RJ-45) port
  • 1x DC-in jack for AC adapter
Security
  • Slot for Kensington lock
  • BIOS user and supervisor passwords
Power supply and battery
  • ACPI 1.0b CPU power management supporting Standby and Hibernation modes
  • 44.4 W Li-ion battery pack (6-cell)
  • 3-hour battery life for models using Intel® 915GM integrated graphics
  • 2.5-hour rapid charge, 3.5-hour charge-in-use
  • 65 W AC adapter
Keyboard & Special Controls
  • 84-/85-key keyboard with inverted "T" cursor layout; 2.5 mm (minimum) key travel
  • Touchpad with 4-way scroll button
  • 12 function keys; four cursor keys; two Windows® keys; hotkey controls; embedded numeric keypad; international language support
  • Four easy-launch buttons: Internet browser, email with LED, Empowering Key, and one user-programmable button
  • Two front-access LED-buttons: WLAN and Bluetooth®
Weight and dimensions
  • 335 (W) x 240 (D) x 31.9/34.1 (H) mm
  • 2.38 kg
Quality & Reliability Tests
  • Temperature & humidity test
  • Free drop test
  • Acoustics test
  • Weight pressure tests
  • Spillage Test
  • Electrostatic discharge immunity test
  • Shock and vibration tests
  • MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure) test Hinge life test
  • Hinge life test
  • Keyboard-switch life test
Software
  • Acer Empowering Technology (Acer eDataSecurity / eLock / ePerformance / eRecovery / eSettings / eNet / ePower / ePresentation Management
  • Acer GridVista
  • Acer System Recovery CD
  • Acer Arcade
  • Acer Launch Manager
  • Norton AntiVirus™
  • Adobe® Reader®
  • Cyberlink® PowerProducer™
  • NTI® CD Maker™
Options
  • Memory expansion modules
  • 9-cell Li-ion battery pack
  • Additional AC adaptor
Certifications
  • DMI 2.0
  • ACPI
  • Wi-Fi®
Warranty
  • One-year send-in International Travellers Warranty

6 Comments:

  • Wonderful beat ! I wish to apprentice even as you amend your site, how can i subscribe for a blog website?
    The account helped me a appropriate deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright
    transparent concept
    my page :: fantasy scifi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/16/2012 03:35:00 PM  

  • Hi there would you mind letting me know which hosting company you're working with? I've loaded your blog in 3 different web browsers and I
    must say this blog loads a lot quicker then most.
    Can you recommend a good web hosting provider at a honest price?

    Many thanks, I appreciate it!
    My web blog :: digestive enzymes for reflux

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/19/2012 04:28:00 AM  

  • Hello there! This is my 1st comment here so I just
    wanted to give a quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading through your blog posts.
    Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that cover
    the same subjects? Appreciate it!
    my webpage :: android tablet pc

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/26/2012 09:50:00 PM  

  • I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I do not know who you are but certainly you are going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!
    My web site: Acupuncture

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/14/2013 05:35:00 AM  

  • Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems
    as though you relied on the video to make your point.
    You obviously know what youre talking about, why waste your intelligence on just posting videos to your
    weblog when you could be giving us something enlightening to read?
    My site: bethesda waters

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/01/2013 07:22:00 AM  

  • I usually do not leave a response, but I looked at a few
    of the responses on "Acer Aspire 5500Z". I actually do
    have a couple of questions for you if you don't mind. Is it simply me or does it look as if like some of these comments appear like they are written by brain dead folks? :-P And, if you are writing at other sites, I'd like to
    keep up with anything fresh you have to post. Could you list of all of all your public pages like your
    Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?

    my blog ... free movie torrents

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/02/2013 03:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home